Thursday, February 26, 2009

Busy busy!

Good stress is still stress. This is what I learned in school. I definitely believe this. Just looking at my calendar for the next three months blows my mind and gives me hives. I'm not complaining, mind you. I like having stuff to do and to look forward to, but I like having a little bit of time to myself as well.

Right now my uncle is in town for a work thing. We're possibly having dinner tonight. He's actually staying at a hotel that is directly across the street from my office, so that's kind of neat. My friend Karima, who I haven't seen since 2001-ish is in town for a dental conference of some sort. I don't know what we're going to do, but I'm looking forward to whatever it is! She provided me with some of my favorite memories from high school...I can't believe it's been so long.

Next week we have a sneak peak of I Love You, Man on Tuesday. This is exciting because a) the movie looks hi-fucking-larious and b) Paul Rudd and Jason Segel will be there doing a Q&A. This time, I will not forget my camera and I WILL get a damn picture will Paul Rudd!!!



Then we have tickets to see Watchmen at the IMAX next Friday, Bill Maher and Ann Coulter at the Chicago Theatre (I've never been to the Chicago Theatre before, so yay for first times!) and Paul F. Tompkins at the Lakeshore Theater the week after. He's recording his comedy CD there too, so I feel pretty safe in assuming that he will indeed bring his A-game.

So, yeah, these are all fun things and I'm really looking forward to them...and I'm anxious about them because I always want everything to go really well and that stresses me out a bit. I'm neurotic and a perfectionist. This works both in my favor and against me every day of my life.

Looks like spring brings with warmer weather, concerts and events galore, and much less staying indoors on the weekends. I can't wait to have a barbeque on our sun deck and walk around downtown snapping pictures and just hanging out. I can't wait to pack away the slacks and the tights for a while and buy a new skirt or two. Ah, daydreams.

Speaking of purchasing, I will leave you with this: I'm getting a fairly significant tax return this year. Larger than ever before. I want to save it, but I want...not quite need, but desperately want...to get a new computer. My dream machine would be a desktop Mac. I can't afford this, even with the refund. So I've been eyeing a shiny new red Dell laptop. I can get one with everything I want for roughly $600-$700. Thing is, I can't justify spending this on a new laptop when I have a laptop that still works. So, I need my current one to completely poop out on me ASAP or I need to just live with the lack of free space and lack of speed. Or I need someone to convince me that it's worth it to get a new one. I think everyone I know has a Mac, so help a sista out, Mac people. Convince me to spend all of my savings in this crappy economy on a fancy new toy. I dare you!

No comments: