Friday, December 19, 2008

A big ol' jumbled mess in my head.

So, I'm going to straighten it out here. Yes, I suppose it may be boring for anyone who decides to read this specific post, but on the other hand, what better way is there to get to know what someone is up to than by reading their to-do list? Plus, if I post it here, there's some sort of accountability that goes along with it, right? If I end up doing none of this, I will feel like a giant failure and who wants that?

This weekend is going to be crazy busy. I haven't done ANY shopping yet. None. I need to get my mom something. I'm pretty sure I've already decided on a Netflix subscription. The only downside to this is that I'm sure her new husband will use it more than her and she might resent me if he spends any more time watching the TV than he already does.

I have to figure out the best way to get my boyfriend his present, which I've already mentioned on here is Guitar Hero World Tour (Amazon might take too long, carrying it home from Target might not be physically possible...I dunno, this might involve a cab ride or something).

I need to fill out Christmas cards for everyone I'll actually get to see in person (my family in Iowa, people at work). Then, I have to figure out what to do with everyone else. An e-card seems somewhat impersonal, but let's face it. Nothing I send out now will get to anyone in time because I've last-minuted this thing to death. I will just have to find some really good e-cards??? Ugh, I'm the worst.

I just received a gift this morning from my supervisor at work. I wasn't expecting anything from anyone here, so naturally, I didn't think about it. Now I have to get something! I have no idea what! I don't know what she got me...and I'm not supposed to open it until Christmas.

I have to do MASSIVE amounts of grocery shopping. I must somehow carefully manage to only buy enough for what I need to make and not have a ton of excess because we are heading to Iowa on Wednesday and it will all go bad if left in the fridge. I have apparently been nominated to make polenta (the only thing I make well) for my boyfriend's pot luck at work (which I'm not invited to, so seems like a scam to me). I also want to make cookies for work...I'm thinking these vegan cookies, which were posted by Luciana on Twitter and seconded by Lauren, because it will be something different than what everyone else will bring. The only problem with this plan is all of the ingredients that it requires, of which I have very few at home. I would probably have to go to Whole Foods to get some, and I just don't know if I'm willing to make that trek in the snow. It's not all that far, to be honest, but it's not exactly on the way to anything else, you know?

I need to buy jeans. So. Bad. I have one pair that falls off of me after wearing them for 15 minutes because they are too big and they stretch out immediately. I have one pair that is on the verge of being too tight and too short. I have two pairs that are identical to each other that I adore. I've worn them for more than eight years now, though, and they are literally falling apart. Every time I wear them now I worry they will just crumble and I'll be bottomless. And cold.

I have to finish cleaning my apartment. I moved there in June. I mean, c'mon. It's time to finally complete the unpacking process, don'tcha think?

I have to make a decision on whether or not I want to go to church on Christmas day with my family and call my aunt about it. If I tell her I'm not interested, they will go on Christmas eve before I arrive. This may be more convenient for both of us, but I'm worried about offending. I really don't want to go, but it's one of those things that I'm willing to do to keep the peace, you know? Hey, my family may be Catholic, but they're also Democrats, so they're not totally crazy. ;)

Hopefully 20 extra hours will somehow magically appear in my life this weekend. Right now, though, I have to get back to work. Adios!

No comments: