Saturday, January 10, 2009

Inspired by all of the recent techy conferences and weight loss New Years resolutions

So after initially wanting a pedometer and never getting one, signing up for SparkPeople and only using it for a couple of weeks, getting a WiiFit and immediately not being able to use it (due to injury and resulting lack of balance), I've decided I need another motivational fitness gadget. I may or may not get it, but here it is in all its glory:

I had never heard of BodyBugg or GoWear Fit before this week, when the former was mentioned on The Biggest Loser, but I've been eyeing the FitBit for a few months now. After seeing the price of the others ($200-$250 and an additional fee of roughly $100/year to use their website and track your progress), I'm starting to think that $99 is probably the best deal I'll ever find (no additional fees for using the website either, apparently).

They say they'll start shipping them sometime in early 2009 and there will be a limited number. Part of me is tempted to order one now to ensure I'll get one when they do come out. The other part of me wants to see what others have to say about it before I actually throw the money down. In the end, $99 is not a ton, but I'd rather not waste it.

I don't really even need it, if I'm honest. I want to be in slightly better shape, yes, but I can do that on my own if I put my mind to it. I'm just hoping something like this will provide that little extra push? Decisions, decisions...

No comments: